Monday, January 5, 2009

Green Goddess Dressing

I have always been intrigued by green goddess dressing, mostly because of the name. But I had never eaten it until I made it this evening. And the name is quite appropriate. I can't say I felt like a goddess after eating it, but it tasted like maybe it was made by a goddess. And since I made it, I guess that means I'm contradicting myself. Perhaps I am a goddess after all.

But back to the dressing. I'd like to introduce you to my favorite food network chef of all, Ellie Krieger. Who, you ask? She is certainly one of the lesser known stars from the network. She is a nutritionist, and she makes genuinely healthy, delicious food. So far my track record for Ellie Krieger recipes is pretty flawless. Don't worry, you'll be seeing her again - in fact, later this week - and for more than just salad dressing.

So here is a refreshing, silky, slightly creamy, brightly flavored and colored dressing to drizzle (or pour) over tomatoes, cucumber, or a mixed green salad. Break out the food processor or blender and enjoy.

Green Goddess Dressing
Adapted from Ellie Krieger's "The Food You Crave"
serves 6-8

INGREDIENTS:











1 small ripe avocado, peeled
3/4 cup skim buttermilk
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
1 scallion (white and green parts), coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend or process until smooth.

2. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment